ROYAL AIR FORCE. COMMON CORE AND DEPLOYMENT SKILLS AIDE-MEMOIRE
1. Muzzle Cover.
2. Gas cylinder (black, stamped HKA2).
3. Gas plug (stamped HKA2).
4. Gas piston and spring (spring only, red at base).
5. Trigger mechanism housing (stamped L85A2).
6. Recoil rod assembly (red, base of spring only).
7. Rifle body (stamped HK A2 below rear locking pin).
8. Firing pin retaining pin.
9. Bolt (stamped HKA2).
10. Cam stud (stamped HKA2).
11. Firing pin (black, painted green at base).
12. Bolt carrier (black).
13. Cocking handle (black).
The following are the only parts of the A2, which are interchangeable with the A1 (weapon stripped for normal daily cleaning):
1. Firing pin retaining pin.
2. Gas piston (NOT SPRING).
3. Return rod (NOT SPRING).
/ page 2 from 65 /
desktop version of the page